Mondiaal FNV is part of the FNV trade union confederation. Mondiaal FNV supports projects in over 100 countries located in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe through resources from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, of FNV and its affiliates.
Colleagues around the world
Mondiaal FNV works outside of the borders of its country. But it also advocates and campaigns in the Netherlands to support workers and unions in developing countries, so that their voices can be heard.
Why does Mondiaal FNV exist?
A strong union can stand up for the improvement of working conditions and a fairer distribution of income. Mondiaal FNV is involved in the fight against child labor and HIV / AIDS, and defends women workers, informal workers and trade union rights.
The main actors are Mondiaal FNV-affiliated unions, FNV and its members. The FNV is an umbrella organization with 19 affiliated unions and 1.1 million members.
The FNV is affiliated to the International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) and Global Union Federations (GUFs) of different sectors.
Types of activities
Mondiaal FNV conducts 3 types of activities:
- to support projects of unions and related organizations
- to lobby
- to use disclosure and campaigning
We distinguish the following stakeholders and target groups
To support projects of unions and related organizations:
- Workers in developing countries
- Trade unions and unions in developing countries
- International trade union organizations
- Labor organizations or organizations providing support to trade unions
- NGOs and women's groups who defend the interests of workers
- The political national and European governments
- International institutions (EU, WTO, ILO, OECD)
Outreach and Campaigning:
- Members of the FNV
- Companies and sectors: 10 to 15 on average
- Consumers (corporate social responsibility)
For more information on Mondiaal FNV's work in 2017-2020, click here.