Mondiaal FNV is part of the FNV trade union confederation. FNV Mondiaal supports projects in over 100 countries located in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe through resources from the Ministry of Development Cooperation of FNV and its affiliates.
Mondiaal FNV 'Colleagues worldwide'
Mondiaal FNV works especially outside the borders of their country. But they also lobby and campaign in the Netherlands to support the workers and unions in developing countries so that they can hear your voice.
Why is there Mondiaal FNV?
A strong union can stand up for the improvement of working conditions and a fairer distribution of income. Mondiaal FNV is involved in the fight against child labor and HIV / AIDS, and defends women workers, informal workers and trade union rights.
The main actors are Mondiaal FNV-affiliated unions FNV and its members. The FNV is an umbrella organization with 19 affiliated unions and 1.4 million members.
The FNV is affiliated to the International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) and Global Union Federations of different sectors: the Global Union Federations (GUF).
Types of activities
Mondiaal FNV conducts three types of activities:
- support projects of unions and related organizations
- disclosure and campaign
We distinguish the following stakeholders and target groups
Support projects of unions and related organizations:
- Workers in developing countries
- Trade unions and unions in developing countries
- International trade union organizations
- Labor organizations or organizations providing support to trade unions
- NGOs and women's groups who defend the interests of workers
- The political and national governments and European
- International institutions (EU, WTO, ILO, OECD)
Outreach and Campaigns:
- Members of the FNV
- Companies and sectors: 10 to 15 on average
- Consumers (corporate social responsibility)
More information about the Mondiaal FNV: Download the Annual Report 2010